Is it possible to check ones public (outdoor) IP ablaze regarding Kodi? There are lots of ways you can check your private IP house a proposed Kodi. However, getting to see the outdoor IP residence is not that easy. In the tutorial out cold, I will swap you how to check your public IP dwelling from within the Kodi app. This will set aside you to see whether your VPN is vibrant correctly or not. You can use the Kodi IP quarters check benefit approximately any device you have installed Kodi as regards. This includes PC, Mac, Android TV Box, OSMC, and Amazon Fire TV Stick.
PRIVATE IP ADDRESS VS PUBLIC IP ADDRESS – WHAT’S THE DIFFERENCE?
A lot of people profit dismayed in the midst of the two main types of IP addresses: a public and private IP quarters. Your devices private or internal IP residence is the IP that your router or modem issues to that device. It mainly allows your device to communicate following your router and involve forward devices you might have been neighboring to that same router in your household.
Your public IP home, in the region of the new hand, is the IP that your ISP (Internet abet provider) issues to you. A public or outdoor IP residence is indispensable for you to benefit and send data to websites or apps. So, if you deficiency to see whether VPN is hiding your IP domicile, your public IP is what you should be checking.
HOW TO CHECK PUBLIC IP ADDRESS ON KODI?
Let’s start off the Kodi IP address without connecting to a VPN server. You’ll have to install the Indigo Wizard as constructed below.
- The first thing you need to do after launching Kodi Krypton is click on the Settings Icon in the top left corner.
- Then, go to System Settings -> Expert Mode -> Addons.
- Make sure to turn on ‘Unknown Sources.’ Otherwise, you will not be able to install third-party add-ons.
- When the warning box pops up, click ‘Yes’.
- Now go back to the Kodi homescreen, and click on the ‘Settings’ icon.
- From here, go to File Manager -> Add Source.
- Select None and then enter the following path without the quotes “http://fusion.tvaddons.co/”.
- Name it ‘Fusion’ and click ‘OK’.
- From the Kodi homescreen, select Addons.
- Click on the Package Installer Icon at the top left corner.
- Choose ‘Install from Zip file’ -> Fusion -> begin-here.
- Select plugin.program.indigo-x.x.x.zip and install it.
- Wait until you see the add-on enabled notification.
- Now go back to the Kodi homescreen and select ‘My Addons’ -> ‘Program Addons’
- Choose Indigo from the list.
Now that you have installed Indigo, it’s time to check your IP address on Kodi.
- Launch Indigo and click on ‘System Information’.
- Note down your external IP address and quit your Kodi app.
- Now connect to a VPN server and relaunch the Kodi application.
- Launch Indigo again and check your external IP address under ‘System Information’.
- Now compare the two IP addresses together.
- If your VPN is working as it should, you’ll get to see two different IP addresses, one before using VPN and one after.
BEST VPN SERVICES FOR KODI
Your Internet Service provider can eavesdrop going in a description to for what you are streaming online. That means you might profit a caution letter, or worse, a copyright infringement declaration taking into consideration using third-party add-ons. Before installing any unofficial Kodi builds or add-ons, make determined you are linked to a VPN server. This showing off, all of your Internet attachment will be encrypted. You can get along with carrying not far and wide off from behind your browsing proceedings privately. VPN moreover allows you to bypass ISP throttling which may consequences in oppressive Kodi buffering. Finally, some Kodi addons are geoblocked. By using VPN, you admit to bypass regional restrictions and unblock any Kodi addon you were loving.
- Unblock Geo-restricted Kodi Add-ons: There are a lot of Kodi addons that you can only use in certain regions. With VPN you can bypass regional restrictions.
- Bypass ISP Throttling: Ever noticed that your Internet speed is decent if you are browsing websites but suddenly drops when you are watching videos online? If that is the case, your ISP is probably throttling your Internet speed. Using VPN basically allows you to avoid that from happening.
- Ultimate Privacy: Add an extra layer of privacy and security to your online activities.
- VPN Applications: You don’t have to be a tech-freak to setup a VPN connection thanks to user-friendly VPN apps on PC, Mac, Android, iOS, and FireStick.
NordVPN are the best Kodi VPN service you can use. This is mainly because their VPN apps are optimized to work with Kodi. You could, however, also sign up with other VPN providers as well.
Best VPN Sevices In 2017
HOW TO CHECK PRIVATE IP ADDRESS ON KODI
- If it’s your device’s private IP address that you’re after follow the steps below. Keep in mind that a private IP address is not the IP that you appear to be using while browsing the web.
- Launch your Kodi app and click on the ‘Settings’ cog in the top left corner.
- Next, select ‘Sytem Information’.
- Here you can see various info about the device you have installed your Kodi app on including its private IP address.
Although Kodi is intensely-customizable, I couldn’t locate any other method you can currently use to check your public IP home a proposed Kodi. Hopefully, the with above proves useful to you. Leave a comment below in feat you were showing off extra guidance after Kodi or VPN.